Major websites infected with Malware-redirecting Scripts
Blog BELSEC reports and analyzed a myriad of Belgian consumer websites being infected with Malware infecting scripts originating from Russian hackers.
Websites includes those such as Humo, Flair, but also Real Estate (Immo) and other informative websites have been infected.
Read all about it at : http://belsec.skynetblogs.be/post/7993326/flairbe-infected-with-russian-malware-redirec
As a result, next to the infections caused by these websites, the websites will also be reported as infected and removed from popupar search engines such as Google. Google will discontinue linking through the infected websites.
Website hosts and their publishers should be warned and informed about these potential dangers and effects and take effective measures :
1. ensure the protection of your websites is an integrated part of your security plan
2. monitor activity on your website or get advize from security specialists
3. install the necessary tools and solutions (web application firewalls and web application security mechanisms) to prevent malicious intrusions
4. inform your customers about potential threats that might have been caused by these infections
5. ensure the continuity of your activities by replacing infected pages with backed-up pages, report the infected pages to authorities and the Belgian CERT.be
Specialist Security companies can be found at : Zion Security; Belgacom ICT - Telindus, Verizon Business - Cybertrust; ...
By Ulrich Seldeslachts
Are you a
leader in Security ? Do you want to share your expertise and join the
Leaders in Security as a Core Expert Member ?
Contact us via email! Or call +184.108.40.206.41 for a direct contact and more information.
An information set and your Membership Welcome Pack awaits you.
Copyright LSEC vzw 2007-2008 with the support of the IWT.
LSEC vzw Kasteelpark 10 - 3001 Heverlee - VAT BE BE 478 045 395 - fax. +220.127.116.11.69 - info @ lsec.be